1) For those who would like to take part in the PES refinery Visioning of future uses for the site for more information go to: https://drexel.edu/lindyinstitute/
2) Weavers Way Community Grant: deadline 3/2. Go to www.wearversway.coop/community-grants to download the form for grant $100-$500. Grants are for public purposes resulting in community improvement with a priority to addressing climate change. Forms are also available at the Weavers Way stores.
3) Climate Action Rally: Fri. 2/28 organized by Drexel students along with their faculty. 4-6pm at JFK and Market between 31st and 32nd Sts. A number of environmental groups also are participating (e.g., 350.org, Sunrise, Clean Water Action, NRDC).
4) Community Meeting to Improve Philly's Plastic Bag Ban Law: Mon. 3/2 7pm at Lovett Memorial Library in Mt. Airy. Current law is burdensome on low-income customers.
5) Introduction to C-PACE (Commerical Property-Assessed Clean Energy): financing structure for commercial property owners to help enable them to make environmentally positive changes on their properties Wed. 2/26 8:30am-10:30am at PIDC, 1500 Market St., Suite 3500 West Philadelphia. This workshop with go over the details of the financing program and associated projects. 2030 District members free, members $10, non-members $25
6) WHYY audio storytelling workshop: Wednesdays 3/4, 18, 25 and April 1. WHYY member $125, non-merber $165. Will be at WHYY studios, 150 N. 6th St. Philadlephia.. Register at: https://whyy.org/?s=audio+storytelling. Telephone number of WHYY: 215-3511200.
Planet Philadelphia is now a partner in Covering Climate Now, a global collaboration of more than 250 news outlets to strengthen coverage of the climate story.
Please help keep Planet Philadelphia going and growing, become a supporter.
Please tune in to http://www.gtownradio.com/ 1st and 3rd Fridays each month at 4:00 to 5:00 pm for Planet Philadelphia and listen to a super show.